Hello, my name is Claudia and I am from Spain. When I discovered that my university in Spain could give me the option to do a whole Erasmus year at Cranfield University undoubtedly it was my first option. You cannot imagine how happy I felt when I was accepted! However, it was not till the moment I arrived to the Campus on September 18th that I realised that this was going to be the best year of my life both academically and personally. This is because UK is a totally new country for me with different traditions, language and customs, I could not wait to discover them all!!

I applied for Food Systems and Management because of the holistic view it gives you about the whole food chain and some aspects in which, as a biologist, I am very interested in such as sustainability and safety. So far we have done the first 2 modules and I already think they will be useful and can be applied to the field of food industry, which is one of the points I was looking for after focusing during my BSc in research. Besides, one of the things I love most about this MSc is the way of teaching, really supportive with the students, I always feel I am learning positively with a huge feedback from all the lecturers which is what actually helps you to improve.

During the induction week in the first week of October I made many new friends from my MSc but also from other MSc such as Future Food Sustainability and Applied Bioinformatics. It was an amazing week in which I discovered the huge campus where you can find many opportunities to learn new sports and languages. You can not imagine all the different student associations that can be found in Cranfield University, from Salsa to Role games, almost all the hobbies you can imagine have an association.

I am very happy to be here, and can’t wait to carry on the next modules!

Food systems’ team before practical session about food diagnostics