Homepage / My exciting journey as a Commonwealth Scholar at Cranfield University

My exciting journey as a Commonwealth Scholar at Cranfield University

11/10/2024

My journey to becoming an student on Safety and Human Factors in Aviation MSc at Cranfield University has been mostly an enriching and fulfilling one, with only a few hiccups!

I had an opportunity to connect and network with fellow commonwealth scholars from different countries during the 2024 CSC Connect and Collaborate event, where we shared our current research areas of interest and identified ways in which future collaboration could be possible. I was also privileged to attend the CSC webinar on utilising research evidence to promote change in developing countries. This showcased the importance of research and how its findings could be used to propel change and improvement in developing countries.

Being a commonwealth masters scholar not only allowed me to have the opportunity to finally pursue my dream to achieve higher education in Aviation Safety, but it gave me a fond family of like-minded, ambitious and inspiring individuals, who are on the path to changing the world for the better.

My time at Cranfield University has been quite enlightening and instrumental in my development as an individual. I have learnt and explored new safety and human factors concepts and tools instrumental in keeping up with our rapidly changing aviation industry.

Through engaging with colleagues from diverse backgrounds as well as sectors of the Aviation industry – pilots, engineers and regulators, I have gained invaluable insights into the intricacies of air transport for sustainable development and the power of inclusive dialogue.

As I near the end of my time here at Cranfield University, while my journey may have been marked by challenges and internal conflicts at times. It has also been defined by resilience, growth, and a deeper commitment to making a positive impact in my industry. As I continue on this path, armed with the lessons from my education and experiences, I am more determined than ever to engage with diverse communities, challenge the status quo, and champion sustainable development in the aviation industry and beyond.

Yassin Jagne

Written By: Alice Kirkaldy

student in Safety and Human Factors in Aviation MSc