If you are using the new Mendeley Reference Manager, you will need to install the Mendeley Cite add-in to Word.
Occasionally there are problems with the add-in when it asks to be updated. So, if you are asked to update the add-in, you update it, and then get the message:
Here’s how to fix it! It’s very simple….
- Log out of your Office account by choosing ‘file > account > sign out’ in any Office application:
- Close any Office applications that are already open on your computer.
- Update the add-in in Word ‘insert > my add-ins > admin managed > select Mendeley Cite > add’.
- Sign back in to your Office account by following the steps described in the first point above, but choose ‘sign in’ this time.
- The add-in should be updated.
Please email us at email@example.com if you continue to experience problems.
Public domain image from unsplash.com