We want you to be able to study comfortably in all our libraries. At the Kings Norton Library we have been working hard to reduce ongoing problems with noise.
Please work in the zone that most suits your needs
We have red, amber and green noise zones in the building.
In RED silent study areas:
- You may use headphones if others cannot hear them
- Switch phones, laptops and tablets to silent mode
- Do not make calls on your phone or talk to others
The top floor of the building is a RED area, as are the reports and archive areas of the ground floor (accessible via the back staircases).
In AMBER quiet study areas:
- You may talk quietly to the person sitting beside you, but not in a group
- You may take short calls on your phone, but talk quietly
- Use headphones, and switch phones, tablets and laptops to silent mode
The first floor of the building is an AMBER area.
In GREEN collaborative areas:
- You may work or discuss projects in a small group but you should not disturb others
The PC Hub and Library atrium are GREEN areas.
Please respect the rights of other Library users. If you are disturbing others we may ask you to be quiet, or to move to a more appropriate area of the building.
If you are being disturbed, you can email us or tell us
Please speak to a member of staff if you are being disturbed by others in quiet or silent study areas. If you prefer to be more discreet, you can also email your location to email@example.com during staffed hours and we will come and investigate.
Image by Nathan on Flicker, reused under CC BY 2.0 licence