Meet Mendeley: a powerful referencing tool that does the hard work for you!
Are you looking for a way to manage your references and create reference lists for your assignments or thesis? If so, you may wish to consider using Mendeley.
What is it?
Mendeley is a free reference manager which can be accessed across multiple device via an internet connection.
How can it help me?
Mendeley will help you to:
- keep your references in order – you can create folders and tags for specific topics
- annotate and classify your references
- provide a searchable library of your PDFs
- create your reference lists in line with the APA7 Author-Date, Cranfield Author-Date and Cranfield Numbered referencing styles, as well as many other journal styles.
Specific features of the free Mendeley service which make it popular among academics are:
- A Mendeley Web Importer plugin which can be added to your browser to enable search results to be easily imported from websites and databases, including PDFs where available
- The option to drag and drop documents into your library
- A search facility across all references within Mendeley to find citations to add to your library
- Up to 2GB storage space and the option to create five private groups with up to 25 members (ideal for group projects!)
Ready to get started?
Want to learn more?
Check out our guide for using Mendeley.
Please note we also provide support for Zotero as an alternative to Mendeley should you prefer to use it.
Image by Mariann Szőke from Pixabay
Categories & Tags:
Leave a comment on this post:
You might also like…
Working on your internship report
Instead of producing a traditional thesis, as covered in our earlier post, some students in the School of Management - and perhaps some in other Cranfield Schools too - will embark upon on an internship ...
Embracing a Marketing and Leadership MSc Apprenticeship.
A Q&A with Faizah Azeem. Why did you decide to undertake a postgraduate apprenticeship in Marketing and Leadership? Cranfield delivers a unique programme that sits well with professionals wanting to develop themselves into expert ...
What is ‘Digital Forensic Science’?
Despite being a fundamental tool for many organisations and criminal justice systems around the world, arguably digital forensic science as a discipline does not always get the recognition it deserves in media broadcasts. Therefore, public ...
Pandemic PhD to prospects PhD
Hello, my name is Danni and I’m a third-year PhD student in the School of Water, Energy, and Environment specifically within the Soil, Agrifood and Biosciences department. My PhD focuses on how biostimulants (seaweeds, ...
Connected and Autonomous Vehicle Engineering (Automotive) MSc alumnus Sohan Pookolayil Varghese on Cranfield, his career path, and why the automotive industry is such an exciting place to be
Sohan Pookolayil Varghese completed the Connected and Autonomous Vehicle Engineering (Automotive) MSc in 2022. Here, he talks about his lifelong love of cars, why he chose Cranfield, and his career at Jaguar Land Rover where ...
Design as a Tool for Change
Design as a Tool for Change: Exploring Circular Economy and Sustainability through a visit to the Design Museum Design has become increasingly important in creating sustainable solutions for a better future. At the forefront ...