We have developed an exciting new resource in Canvas to help you develop your study skills. We all need these skills in order to study effectively and learn efficiently. They are an important set of transferable life skills as well as supporting your academic success. It is available for everyone whatever the focus or level of your study.
We have gathered the information under seven key skills categories, giving you top tips and tools to help you study and work smarter:
- Digital skills and tools – IT skills, survey tools, mathematics and statistics, text and data mining and social media
- Writing skills – academic writing, writing critically, effective note taking, proofreading, referencing and avoiding plagiarism
- Research and managing information – effective reading, research methods, literature review, and searching for information
- Personal development skills – being an independent learner, time management, stress management, and working with others
- General skills – effective communications, preparing for assessment, getting and using feedback, and remote study
- Language support – using Academic English
- Cognitive skills – critical thinking and reflection
You can find the Study Skills Hub tile on your Canvas. Click on the tile image below to access the course.