Homepage / How the Executive Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc improved my career outlook

How the Executive Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc improved my career outlook

31/01/2023

Hear from Harrison Jnr Ilodiwe, Executive Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc, on his student experience at Cranfield.

Why did you choose to study the Executive Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc at Cranfield School of Management?

I chose to study the Executive Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc at Cranfield University for three reasons.

1. The Logistics and Supply Chain programme at Cranfield University is widely referenced, recognised, and respected within the donor-funded public health supply chain space in Africa, where I work. This stirred my interest in the Executive Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc.
  2. My current organisation has a working relationship with Cranfield University that allows Cranfield to carry out an independent assessment of the performance of our public health supply chain transformation programs in Africa.
  3. The pedigree, quality of faculty, and international recognition of Cranfield’s Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc program are top-ranked in the world.

What part of the course did you find most useful or inspiring?

The use of case studies, real business world examples, complex simulations and the work-based experiential sharing from group tasks makes the program very engaging and helps reinforce the application of principles and theoretical concepts taught in class.

How have you applied the skills and knowledge you gained on the course in your current role? 

The use of case studies and simulations is helping reshape my perception of emerging challenges in my workplace. I can now better view my workplace supply chain challenges with an analytical mindset that allows me to offer solutions as I would with the case studies and simulations in class.

Are there any areas of your personal and professional development that have been enhanced through studying this course?

Yes, undertaking this program is part of my long-term career aspiration to achieve progression in my career and in the industry where I currently work, where an MSc level education is considered critical for an improved career outlook and leadership roles that will give me an opportunity to make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life and wellbeing within the public health domain through supply chain.

What advice would you give a prospective student thinking about studying this course?

My advice to prospective students coming into the Logistics and Supply Chain Management program at Cranfield is to do so with an open, curious and motivated mind. This is because the program is rigorous, very engaging and requires a great deal of enthusiasm, personal drive and focus on getting the best out of it.

Harrison Jnr Ilodigwe

Written By: Hayley Rook

Executive Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc