Homepage / My Cranfield Journey: A home away from home

My Cranfield Journey: A home away from home

15/07/2024

Migrating from India to the UK for a master’s degree is no walk in the park. From the moment I stepped off the plane, I was faced with a barrage of challenges: assignments, group projects, thesis and the daunting task of choosing the right career path. For me, Cranfield University has been my guiding light and I proudly call it my home away from home.

I still vividly remember my first day at Cranfield. The campus was alive with excitement, and I met people from all walks of life. Some were seasoned professionals with years of experience, while others were fresh out of their bachelor’s programs. This melting pot of perspectives created a rich and dynamic learning environment.

Cranfield’s facilities are nothing short of impressive. The state-of-the-art labs and seasoned professors provide an unparalleled academic experience. The green, sprawling campus, nestled close to a charming airport, adds a unique touch to my daily grind. Each day at Cranfield is a fresh opportunity to learn, grow, and challenge myself.

What truly sets Cranfield apart is its sense of community. Even on the toughest days, the friendly and supportive atmosphere made me feel right at home. The camaraderie among students and staff is palpable, creating a nurturing environment that fosters personal and academic growth.

One of the defining moments of my time at Cranfield was being awarded the Brian Meredith Net Zero Scholarship. This scholarship significantly eased the financial strain of studying abroad and recognized my academic achievements and commitment to sustainability.

Looking back, if I had the chance to choose my master’s journey all over again, Cranfield would be my unequivocal choice. This experience has been nothing short of transformative, and Cranfield will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Srinikesh Asokan

Written By: Autumn Handscombe

Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc student, 2024