Homepage / Why Cranfield University?

Why Cranfield University?

15/12/2020

Why Cranfield University? Was the most common question I was asked by family and friends when I decided to further my education in engineering. Well, I always answered with the following:

• Aligned technical and theoretical modules which incorporates the current job market requirements.
  • World class laboratories that can analyse real time situations experienced on the field.
  • Industry affiliations that readily provide students with the prerequisite exposure needed.
  • Excellent and well nurtured teaching and technical staff.

Since I have been at Cranfield for the 2020/2021 academic year, my expectations have been met and in some cases, there is a lot more to experience. From the time I departed from my home country in Ghana, West Africa, Cranfield provided a pickup service for me to my accommodation, which I will personally rate 8/10, as a good service. Registration processes prior to the beginning of the program were exceptionally smooth with little or no setbacks for me – a great achievement in the current climate.

I reside off-campus and must commute from nearby Milton Keynes to campus, it takes about 30-45 minutes on the Uno bus service and I enjoy discounted fare prices as a student, allowing me to explore the nearby towns and villages.

Due to the Covid-19 situation in the UK, most of the theoretical and practical lectures have been administered online and this has been good so far, though there have been some glitches due to less face-to-face interaction, but the IT support team have been hands-on, providing help to  quickly resolve issues raised. From remotely accessing lab computers to analyse data for project and assignments, I can confidently say it has been good, even though human interaction would have been better for everything else. The University’s approach to ensuring that the rules and regulations governing Covid protocols are strictly adhered to, as well as introducing an in-house lateral testing facility for students and staff to check Covid status, I must say is commendable, and makes me feel safe.

The semester has ended on a good note for me and I am hoping the next semester will be even better. Thankfully the highs outweigh the lows.

Benison Abrakwa

1. Chantel 15/12/2020 at 5:18 pm - Reply

This has encouraged me to also study at Cranfield University!
    I’m surely applying to this university next year