Homepage / My Journey from Nepal to P&G: Reflecting on my Cranfield University Experience

My Journey from Nepal to P&G: Reflecting on my Cranfield University Experience

15/03/2024

Hey there, I’m Anamika, and I’m thrilled to share my journey from Nepal to a fulfilling career as a Process Engineer at Procter and Gamble in London. My time at Cranfield University has been nothing short of amazing, shaping both my personal and professional growth in profound ways.

Moving from Nepal to pursue a master’s degree at Cranfield was a pivotal decision that I’ll forever cherish. Studying Engineering and Management of Manufacturing Systems MSc felt like the perfect fit for me, as I aimed to merge my engineering background with a focus on production discipline. Cranfield’s comprehensive course offered exactly what I was looking for, providing insights into manufacturing setups and industry standards that were invaluable.

The taught modules, covering topics like manufacturing, supply chain management, and manufacturing strategies, offered me a holistic understanding of the broader picture within the industry. Moreover, I found significant improvement in my soft skills, a crucial asset in today’s professional landscape.

One of the highlights of my time at Cranfield was the friendships I made. These connections not only enriched my university experience but also proved beneficial during my job search. Armed with a solid engineering and management background, I confidently pursued opportunities and landed a position at Procter and Gamble.

As a Process Engineer, my typical day is dynamic and sometimes chaotic. From overseeing equipment production to troubleshooting processes and communicating with the team, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth. Despite the occasional chaos, I find immense fulfilment in my career post-graduation.

Reflecting on my journey, I’m grateful for the transformative experience at Cranfield University. It has equipped me with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to thrive in the industry. As I continue to navigate my career, I look back fondly on my time at Cranfield and forward to the exciting adventures that lie ahead.

Study Engineering and Management of Manufacturing Systems MSc

Anamika Pokharel

Written By: Alice Kirkaldy

Engineering and Management of Manufacturing Systems MSc 2023