We run a wide range of webinars and in-person workshops to support your work and to help boost your success at Cranfield. They cover topics including using our databases effectively, referencing, study skills, the use of academic language and research support. Many of these run at lunchtimes (and are called Lunch+Learn sessions) but others run in the evenings so hopefully there is a time that suits you!
Remember, you don’t have to wait until we run a webinar if you need help! If you have any questions, at any time, you can contact us by email, webchat (via our website), or just drop in and see us so we can sort out any issues you may have.
These are the session running this month – please check our calendar to find out the details as many run more than once:
Academic language and study skills
- Oral presentation skills 4 – Concluding a presentation and dealing with questions
- Oral presentation skills 8 – Strategies for presenting complex messages
- Fundamentals of writing (2) structure & flow
- MSc research thesis (1) Writing the introduction
- MSc research thesis (2) Writing the literature review
- MSc research thesis (3) Writing the method
- MSc research thesis (4) Writing the results and discussion
- MSc research thesis (5) Writing the conclusion and abstract
Research support for PhD students and staff
These include those taught as part of the Doctoral Researchers Core Development (DRCD) programme.
- Getting started with your research
- Enhancing resilience for doctoral research students
- JMP Practical workshops for engineers – Introduction to data exploration and discovery
- JMP Practical workshops for engineers – Predictive modelling and machine learning
- Successful planning for your personal development
- Using Mendeley to manage your references
- Introduction to Python for science and engineering
- Research data management 1 – Introduction
- Stages of conducting research
Image by StartupStockPhotos from Pixabay