Our Study Skills Hub has two sections that may be able to help you!
In Time Management we have some great tips on how to manage your time, to prioritise, and de-stress.
First of all, plan for success:
- Write a ‘to-do’ list – whether that is on paper, post-its, your notes App or the back of an envelope – it doesn’t matter where but write down the tasks you need to do and tick them off when you complete them, that will feel so good!
- Prioritise – move less important tasks lower down on your list.
- Say ‘No’ to new tasks if you are over-burdened already!
- Avoid distractions – turn off your phone and close the door. Give yourself chance to concentrate if you need to.
- Take breaks often – get some fresh air, take a walk, have a coffee break. It may seem counter-intuitive, but you will get more done by taking regular breaks.
Then, you can get started on your writing. If you are struggling with the whole process or are not sure where to start, then the section on Academic Writing provides an overview of how to get started, and how to work your way through the reading, thinking, planning and editing stages. There are videos and resources, links to sections on critical thinking, reading and writing, and key do’s and don’ts. There are even tips on how to overcome writer’s block, and we all have that problem at some time!
So, why not start now – take a look in the Study Skills Hub.
Image by StartupStockPhotos from Pixabay