Homepage / My experience at Cranfield and the GCSG European Knowledge Forum

My experience at Cranfield and the GCSG European Knowledge Forum

19/03/2024

Greetings! I am a current MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management student at Cranfield University. I’m thrilled to share my incredible journey so far, especially my recent experience at the GCSG European Knowledge Forum in Athens, Greece.

Choosing Cranfield: A leap into excellence

Selecting Cranfield for my postgraduate studies wasn’t just a decision about education, it was about setting the stage for my future. Cranfield stood out with its exceptional reputation in logistics and supply chain management, promising a perfect blend of theoretical knowledge and practical application. And trust me, it has delivered beyond my expectations!

The Athens Adventure: GCSG European Knowledge Forum

Thanks to the GCSG scholarship 2023, I had the opportunity to attend the prestigious GCSG European Knowledge Forum. This forum is a place for professionals in the clinical supply chain and being there felt like stepping into the heart of industry innovation. The boot camp on the first day, focusing on the essentials of the clinical supply chain, provided an insightful deep dive into drug development and clinical materials management. It was like seeing the gears of the industry from the inside, turning complex concepts into tangible realities.

This experience was far more than just an educational event. The opportunity to interact with industry experts and peers was invaluable. It opened my eyes to new perspectives, broadened my horizons, and deepened my understanding of the clinical supply chain field in a way that I had never experienced before.  The networking events in the evenings were not just social gatherings, they were learning opportunities, sharing, and forming connections that I’m confident will last a lifetime. I felt incredibly grateful for the opportunity to be part of such an event.

The Cranfield Experience: More than just academics

Back at Cranfield, the campus offers a calm and green environment. The lessons and studies here are intense and designed to expand our way of thinking. Each module, with its unique blend of theoretical frameworks and practical case studies, often encouraging me to explore new dimensions within the field of supply chain management.

Every assignment and group discussion has been an opportunity to not only learn from my professors but also to learn from peers. It’s been a journey that has broadened my horizons and strengthened my confidence in my chosen path. The diverse and international community on campus has also exposed me to different cultures and ideas.

As I continue my studies, I do so with a heart full of appreciation for this unique and enriching experience at Cranfield.

Conclusion: Embracing the future with anticipation

As I reflect on my journey at Cranfield and the enriching experience at the GCSG European Knowledge Forum, I’m filled with a deep sense of anticipation for the future. I look forward to what the future holds, confident that the experiences I’ve had will guide me in making meaningful contributions to the world of logistics and supply chain management.

Thank you for following my journey! I hope my experiences inspire you as much as they have inspired me.

Pinky Wong

Written By: Tammie Argent-Peters

Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc student