Do you find yourself searching for lost documents, re-reading the same paper over and over again as you have forgotten why it was relevant to your research, or spending valuable time re-formatting reference lists into a journal’s referencing style to prepare it for publication? If so, you may find the answer is using a reference management software package such as Mendeley.
On Wednesday 21 April, 1-2pm, on MS Teams, we are delivering a research support webinar on how you can save time and organise your literature using Mendeley.
At the time of writing Mendeley have two platforms available for their product – the established Mendeley Desktop and the new Mendeley Reference Manager, the latter of which is still in development.
The webinar will begin with an overview of Mendeley Desktop and will provide a demonstration of how to:
- add documents to your library;
- organise your literature using folders and tags;
- add notes and annotations;
- create a private group;
- create a reference list in a range of referencing styles including Cranfield specific styles.
An overview of the new Mendeley Reference Manager will follow, along with a discussion of the differences between the two platforms.
Further Mendeley support and guidance:
- Mendeley FAQs
- Mendeley Help Guides
- Mendeley Support Centre
- New Mendeley Reference Manager – Mendeley add-in problems?
- Mendeley guidance on new citation plug-in add in problems
- Citation plug-in FAQs