Can we interest you in some free stuff?!
Those great people at IEEE have offered Cranfield staff and students free access to a whole host of short online courses from now until the end of June.
What’s on offer?
Over 500 online courses on topics as diverse as:
- 3G Wireless Systems
- Advances in Digital RF Architectures and Digitally-Assisted RF
- Airborne Pulse Doppler Techniques
- An Introduction to Leadership: A Primer for the Practitioner
- Battery Design Principles
- Biometrics: Solutions for Security and Authentication
- Cloud Based Solutions for Big Data
- Clutter Rejection Techniques: Basics and Moving Target Indication (MTI)
- Cyber Security of Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- Design for Six Sigma
- Developing Career Goals for Technical Professionals
- Digital Image Forensics
- Engineering Ethics: How to Mentor New Professionals
- Face Biometrics for Security: Long-Range and Surveillance
- Fundamentals of Patent Protection for Engineers
- How to be a Prolific Inventor
- Introduction to Nanotechnology
- Mentoring Skills for Technical Professionals
- Nanomaterials and their Applications
- Technical Writing for Scientists and Engineers
- Wireless Sensor Networks and Applications
I’m in! How can I access them?
- Go to IEEE Xplore
- Click on the Institutional Sign In link
- Click on the OpenAthens link on the right-hand side of the box
- Enter your Cranfield login
- Click on the Browse link towards the top of the screen and select Courses
- You will then be able to search for a course or browse categories.
- Anything with a green padlock icon next to the title will be free to you to use straight away
Enjoy! But remember, this special offer is for a limited time only…
If you have any queries or comments, please contact your library staff – Kings Norton Library, Management Information and Resource Centre (MIRC), or Barrington Library.