Are you a new Mendeley user – or just interested in finding out what Mendeley could offer you in your writing? If so, then read on…
- If Mendeley is totally new to you, start with our Introducing… Mendeley post. It will give you some basics about the service and its functionality.
- Like what you see? Read our guide to Creating a new user account in Mendeley and get yourself started.
- Mendeley works seamlessly with MS Word via its Cite-O-Matic plugin which allows you to drop references effortlessly into your text. Find out how to install the Mendeley plugin and then have a look at our guide to using Mendeley Cite-O-Matic.
- Start adding references into your Mendeley account. You can do this in various ways, as detailed in our Adding documents post.
- Another way to add to your Mendeley account is to set up a Watch Folder. This can be any folder on your drive. Any documents you save to this folder will automatically be added to your Mendeley account. This can be an excellent time-saver!
- Cranfield University has its own specific referencing style. Find out how to install this within Mendeley and then learn how to create a bibliography at the end of your work.
- If you are working on a group project, set yourselves up a private group on Mendeley so you can all add your references to the same database.
Simple! As always, please contact your information specialist with any questions you have about Mendeley. You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for Kings Norton customers or email@example.com for MIRC users – or just pop in to see us.
Image courtesy of Mendeley https://www.mendeley.com/reference-management/citation-plugin.