The Library Service has secured two trials to online map data services, JISC Collections Geospatial Data Service and Society Digimap. Both will be available on and off campus from the Library eResources A-Z.
JISC Collections Geospatial Data Service
This trial will run until 31 July 2020. Data sets include:
- Full Ordnance Survey collection and from October the Ordnance Survey Northern Ireland Data
- Geology data from British Geological Society
- Environmental data from Centre for Environment and Hydrology
- Marine data from Oceanwise
- Historical Ordnance Survey data from Landmark Information Group
- Datasets made available by JISC and Airbus.
This trial will run until 31 July 2019. Access is via the existing Digimap service (just select Society from the tabs at the top of the Digimap homepage).
Society Digimap provides a wide range of census and socio-economic information for Great Britain. It enables you to layer census and other datasets alongside Ordnance Survey data to offer richer demographic insights. There is no need to learn how to use a GIS.
Tell us what you think!
It’s important that you let us know what you think of the trial when you have used it. Your feedback will help inform our decisions about whether to subscribe to the resource. Please email us with your opinions or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo by NASA on Unsplash