Some of our library buildings will start to re-open from 7 September. We are looking forward to welcoming you back. We’ve missed you!
As you would expect, our in-library services will be a bit different now and we will be offering:
- Click and collect: Reserve print items from our collection then make an appointment to pick them up.
- Study space: Book a private study space in advance. Seating capacity has been reduced to meet social distancing guidelines.
Unfortunately, we are unable to launch both these services in all our libraries simultaneously. Your safety is our priority, and some changes need to be made in our buildings before you can use them.
Visiting your library
Please do not visit your library without a booking for one of the services. We are unable to offer any in-person support at the moment.
Click on the link for your library below for information about how to book, as well as advice before you visit.
Barrington Library will be open from Monday 7 September, 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday and will offer both new services from that date.
Kings Norton Library will be open from Monday 7 September, 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday, offering the click and collect service. We are planning to provide bookable study space from the beginning of October.
We plan to reopen the Management Information and Resource Centre (MIRC) when it is safe to do so. Until that time, School of Management staff and students are welcome to reserve printed items from MIRC stock and pick them up from the Kings Norton Library using its click and collect service.
We will continue to provide the majority of our services and support online via our Library website:
- Most of our resources are available online 24/7
- Library staff are available online to help you every weekday, 9am-5pm
- Advice on referencing, research activities, and support for off-site students