Are you looking for a way to manage your references and to create bibliographies for your assignments or thesis? If so you may wish to consider using Mendeley.
Mendeley is a free reference manager which also offers links to an academic social network and a library of resources. It can be accessed anywhere in the world and has online, desktop and mobile versions. Specific features of Mendeley which make it popular among academics are:
- Mendeley Web Importer widget – can be added to your toolbar to enable search results to be easily imported from websites and databases, including PDFs where available
- The option to drag and drop documents into the desktop version
- The ability to synchronise your online and desktop library
- A search facility across all references within Mendeley to find citations to add to your library
- Annotation and collaboration facilities
- A mobile version for IOS devices (third party app called Droideley for android)
- Mendeley Word plugin to create reference lists
- A library of your PDFs
- Up to 2GB storage space and the option to create one group with up to three collaborators for free
Interested in finding out more? If so either come and ask us and we’ll be happy to help. Alternatively, create an account and then check out Mendeley’s excellent support pages which include: guides to getting started with both the web and desktop versions; video tips and tricks; articles and a support forum.