New student? Have you checked out the University’s referencing module yet on your Blackboard? Historically, our taught students would have to sit through three hours (!) of Library training on citing and referencing. This was condensed a few years ago into our ‘eRAP‘ module which is available for you to use throughout your course on Cranfield campus.
Work through our online tutorial to help you understand about:
- Plagiarism: what it is and why you need to be aware of it
- The importance of correctly citing the work of other authors
- How to incorporate in-text citations into your work
- Quoting, using other people’s words
- Paraphrasing, using your own words
- How to create and properly format your bibliographic references.