Are you a part-time student living more than 10 miles away from Cranfield? If so, are you aware that we can post books out to you at home?
How does the service work?
- You send us an email detailing the books you require, i.e. title, author, edition/year and your address.
- We will despatch the requested books (if available) within 2 days.
- We use registered post. This means parcels must be signed for so please give us an address where someone will be available to sign for them. This can be your UK work or home address.
- Books will be despatched 3-4 items per parcel to reduce the risk if a parcel gets lost.
Are there any limitations to this?
- Please note if there is an electronic version available we are unable to post out print copies but we can advise you how to access the eBooks remotely.
- You must reside in the UK to use this service. We are unable to post items to addresses outside the UK.
- We are unable to post out books to customers living within a ten mile radius, but please let us know if there are any extenuating circumstances.
- We are unable to fulfil requests of more than 10 books at any one time.
Can reservations be posted out too?
- When a book you have reserved becomes available for you we can post this out to you. This is not an automatic process. When you receive your reservation email, please let us know within 2 days if you want to use the postal service for reserved items.
What about Document Supply and Interlibrary loans?
- Yes, we will post interlibrary loans to you as long as the lending library involved has not stated that the items are for reference purposes only. Somebody must be available at the receiving address to sign on delivery.
What happens when I have finished with the books or they are recalled?
- You can keep renewing your loans provided that they have not been reserved by another user. When you have finished with the books, if you are not on campus, please return them by registered post (to ensure that they are insured against loss or damage) to the address below:
Management Information & Resource Centre
Cranfield University School of Management
If you have any queries regarding this service please contact us on +44 (0)1234 754440 or email us.