If you are a full-time student leaving Cranfield to write your thesis or go on a placement, then the Library can help you. We provide our Support Off-Site (S.O.S.) service to those students studying away from campus.
If you are eligible for this service and can’t access the full text of any items you need online via our eResources, we will:
- Scan and email you journal articles, book chapters and conference papers from our stock
- Post out books, theses and reports to you from our stock (UK and ROI)
- Help you obtain items through our Document Supply Service if we need to source them from elsewhere (and they will be sent to you via email where possible).
Also, before you leave:
- Please renew all of your library loans. (If you will be unable to receive emails or return recalled loans when you are away, please return the books to the Library before you leave)
- Make sure your details are up to date in EVE. We need your off-campus address if you will need books to be sent out to you (UK only), as we will use Royal Mail’s ‘Special Delivery’ service which requires a signature as proof of delivery
- We always send Library notifications to your University email address. If it is more convenient for you, you can specify in EVE that emails sent to your Cranfield account should be automatically forwarded to another email address.
Best of luck with your placement!
Public domain image from pixabay.com.0