The annual Defence and Security Doctoral Symposium is taking place online, 9 November 10am-4pm. This popular event, hosted by Cranfield University, is sponsored by Dstl and AWE and is free to attend.
You may ask yourself “Why should I submit my work or attend this event?” There are many good reasons to answer the call for submissions or to attend as a delegate:
- This is the only event in the UK that gives defence and security research students and Early Career Researchers an opportunity to present their work to a sector-wide audience.
- Over 200 delegates attended last year’s event with submissions from over 20 different institutions.
- The event covers a wide range of disciplines in the defence and security sectors including science, technology, engineering and the social sciences.
- You will learn about cutting-edge research in defence and security.
- You will hear about key issues being investigated across science, technology, engineering and social science research in the defence and security sectors.
- You will have opportunities to network with fellow students, representatives from the sponsoring organisations, defence publishers and others.
- There will be talks from keynote speakers covering key policy-drivers in defence and security.
- You will have an opportunity to engage with defence and security employers.
We are looking for submissions in the following four areas:
- Paper Presentations (20 mins plus 10 mins for questions)
- 3MT (3 Minute Thesis) Competition (one Powerpoint slide)
- Poster Competition (one image and supporting 1 minute video clip)
- Digital Image Competition (one image and 100-150 words)
The poster and image competitions are open to all research students and Early Career Researchers. To contribute a technical paper or 3MT, you need to be in your second year and onwards if you are a full-time student, or fourth year and onwards if you are a part-time student, or an Early Career Researcher.
The deadline for submissions is midnight on Thursday 26 August. For further details of how to submit and/or to register for the event, go to: www.symposiaatshrivenham.com/doc